Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Research Reflection

When I first had to come up with an idea for my reseach topic, I chose Bob Marley because I knew a lot about him and I figured I could write a good paper on him. At first I wasn't planning on starting my research early, however I did start early because the class had mini assignments due every week in class on the mid-term paper. Because of that, I first wrote out an outline and a draft of my powerpoint. Then I made up an "Ugly Draft" which consisted of cut-and-pastes of reseach that related to each section of my outline.
Little by little i was able to work with my "ugly draft" and write my own words about in what ways did Bob Marley affect the media. During the final week, I came up with a claim for my paper as it was a required assignment. Being that I had to work the entire final week I had to write the paper, I wasn't able to accomplish much each day. Finally the weekend came and I had Sunday off. I decided to go to school to finish it. The Library opened at 12pm. I sat there finishing up my paper til about 4:30 pm. I finally saved it and uploaded it. It was such a relief when I finally finished it.
While assembling my powerpoint, I used some of the evidence I used in my paper and attached it to a related picture. I also used information I had already known and pictures of merchandise I knew of.
If I had a do-over, I would have tried to time myself better. I think I tried my best with the time I had, however I think it could have been better if I had extra time. On a scale of 1-10 I would you rate my effort as a 7. On a scale of 1-10 I think I would rate the final product as an 8.5.

1 comment: